Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's New?

Not much is new around here.


 I am taking the month of February off of Facebook. I was checking it too often during the day and not focusing on what I needed to be focusing on. I've gotta say, today is day 6 and I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. Too busy doing all the stuff I should have been doing all along. :)


 I am focusing more on prayer,the boys schooling, cleaning the house, and slowly but surly cooking a bit healthier. I feel I am calmer during the day and haven't "lost it" as much as I used too.


 The other night I was talking with a friend at church and she told me about a suppliment she has been taking called Raspberry Keytones. It is supposed to help burn fat. Another lady at church has gone down two pant sizes since Christmas. So I told another friend about it and we each picked up a bottle at Wal-Mart yesterday and are going to try it for a month together and see what happens. The only side effect K has had is some insomnia from the extra caffine. She is starting to take hers earlier and seeing if that helps. I took my first two at 6:20 this morning. I don't own a scale, but will be able to tell any differences buy the way my jeans fit.


 Onto eating healthier. I discovered roasting cauliflower is easy and delicious! You just cut up a head of cauliflower into bite sized pieces place in a large bowl, toss with just enough olive oil to coat, season with salt and pepper then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 425* for ten minutes, stir, bake ten minutes more until golden on top. If desired, sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese.


 I thought I'd start keeping a food journal on here. I know I've tried that before and quit after a few days. That may be the case again, but I'm still going to do it for however long I can. so tomorrow I'll post every thing that went in my mouth today. I know you'll be sitting on the edge of your seat in antisipation. Have a great rest of the day!

 Leat

1 comment:

Beth said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. I'm glad you've been doing so well on your eating and not facebooking! I've been cutting back myself. I just really see the need to spend more time on REAL relationship. As in, people I can touch, hear their voice, and are close.
Not that we shouldn't maintain online friendships, I just needed to put them in perspective. I needed to realize that I had very few "real life friendships" and that wasn't a good thing. I need to change that.
Glad you are doing so well.