Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring. What is it doing outside? Snowing and blowing.

To celebrate, the kids woke up begging to make snow ice cream. So Luke went out with the big metal bowl and came in with it filled with snow. Brian stirred in a can of sweetened condensed milk and a teaspoon of vanilla. Barely 10 am and they were enjoying their sweet treat!

Another version of this recipe that we made back in December is to stir in 1 cup of half and half cream and 1 cup of sugar into the snow.

Hands down everyone likes the sweetened condensed milk version better.

Happy Spring!
Leat

3 comments:

B said...

Being on the coast we rarely get know and never enough to try icecream..... wouldn't have thought of it either but now I justm ay have to be jealous! :o)

momma24 said...

You won the book on my blog!! Send me your address and I will get it to you.

Unknown said...

Wow...I wish I would have known about this when we got our first "big" snow a couple of weeks ago - my kids would have LOVED it!