Friday, July 29, 2011

Green Tea and Answered Prayer

I have been feeling overwhelmed with pretty much everything lately. Getting the new school year up and running, watering my burned up garden, hoping at least the cukes will keep looking good and start producing, I could go on and on.

This morning I chose green tea instead of my usual cup of coffee. It is supposed to increase metabolism and just be healthier. After Brian walked out the door for work, I just had such a heaviness in my chest. I got the sprinklers going and came in and opened my Bible. After reading a few chapters, I got out my notebook and started writing. For some reason writing my prayers instead of just saying them in my head seems to help. I hadn't done that for a while, and it felt so good just to pour my heart out to God!

Releasing everything back to Him and maybe the energy from the green tea, I feel so energized! I sure need it today! It is grocery shopping day and then we come home and unload, then pack a cold dinner and head to the Y!

I wasn't reading in Jeremiah this morning, but after a text from Brian, I was trying to remember the reference to the For I know the plans I have for you verse. 29:12 popped into my head and so I looked it up. It seemed just as fitting if not more.

Jeremiah 29:12 Then ye shall call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will harken unto you.

No comments: