Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Isaiah 28:10

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept;line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.

I had always thought of this verse as just being for raising kids. But really it can be applied to so many things.

Scripture memory

Math & other school work

Running

Pretty much anything you can think of.

Everything has to start at the beginning and slowly build.

I'm finding most things cannot be rushed. I can't skip a day, or week, or month and expect to just pick up where I was before.

Consistency seems to be the key to everything. I'm the first to admit to being the queen of slacking and procrastination. This verse has knocked me up side the head (in a good way).

I need to just keep chipping away in all I do and want to do.

The kids won't just magically become obedient. They won't magically learn to read or memorize scripture and math facts.

This body won't just magically become fit and trim.

Line upon line, precept upon precept.


Leat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on your blog off of welltellme (love that site!) and I wanted to tell you what a blessing this was to read. I really needed to read this today! Thank you! Brina (orcuttranch)