Thursday, May 27, 2010

God is SO Amazing!

I think I'll temporarily change the next few blog titles to Leat's Natural Adventures.

Yesterday I finally got up the courage to start some sour dough starter! I have been intimidated just by the thought of it.

Why? Because it is a commitment. I need to feed it twice a day. Well, my kids eat 3+ times so I guess I can handle two.

What if it doesn't take, all that flour wasted!
I wasn't sure after the initial start. But can already tell it will work! Big difference from last night to this morning!



And really the amount of flour at each feeding isn't as much as I thought it would be. It really pays to research and get the facts before passing judgement. It only takes 6 Tablespoons of ground whole wheat flour and 4 Tablespoons of water.

I am using the instructions from here: http://networkedblogs.com/3T1TC

After 4 days of diligently feeding and it doubling each time I will be ready to bake my first loaf!

The amazing part to me is that it is just flour and water. The yeast is just floating around in the air and doing it's thang in my jar! I won't have to buy $4 jars of store yeast as often! More $ to put towards fruit and other healthy snacks my hollow legged boys can't get enough of.

God is truly SO Amazing!

No comments: