Saturday, January 17, 2009

Priorities

This past week we have been thinking about our priorities and came to realize this blog needed to be bumped back down a bit. It has gotten in the way of more important things,namely homeschooling the boys.

So starting this weekend, I will only update on the weekends.

Since my last post,we attended Lena Mae's service. It was the first funeral the boys attended. They did very well,sitting absolutely still and quiet.

Afterward,since we were in town Bri wanted me to go ahead and get the grocery shopping done. No problem. I quickly made up my list as we drove. The only problem I ran into was going up and down the aisles in my high heels. Before we had kids I worked at a Christian bookstore and wore dress shoes everyday. It has been 10 years since those days however and by the time I finished up at Wal-Mart, I was hobbling back to the Pilot!

Getting back to homeschooling, I am able to spend more one on one time with each boy and they are all benefiting from it. Luke and Jacob have both told me how much better they like the new schedule. I started the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy lessons with Caleb. He is having a blast learning to read. It is such a joy to see his excitement when he sounds out a word and it clicks. Jacob has really improved in his reading as well.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Leat

No comments: