Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Florida Vacation Day 3

We woke up on Friday morning and Mom and Luke and I did a quick grocery store run so we would have food to eat during our visit, and more importantly,breakfast. That done,we came home and I made breakfast burritos.

Leaving KS in 6 degree weather, I had packed miserably. I just couldn't get my mind to realize that FL weather in winter is like late spring/early summer here. So after breakfast,Bri,Dad,Luke,Jacob and Caleb set off to do some sight seeing around town,searching for cool sail boats. Mom, Nathan and I headed to a nearby Beall's outlet for some shorts for me. Everyone was having after Christmas sales. I got a $6 pair of shorts for about $1.50! A couple doors down was a thrift store. They too were having a sale. Everything was half off. I found another summer outfit and got the boys each a pair of shorts.

Back at the house, Nathan and Caleb laid down for a nap and Dad, Bri and the boys went riding in the golf cart. Luke and Jacob were in hog heaven when they were each given a turn to drive!





That evening I made spaghetti,salad and french bread for everyone. Then Bri and I went out. After a bite to eat,we found Melbourne Beach and went for a walk. The sound of the waves crashing is so amazing. Being ever the gentleman, Bri walked closest to the water. Whenever the surf came up farther than usual we'd jump and run out of the way.

To be Continued....

No comments: