Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Grandma's Desk

My Grandma Helen had an old roll top desk in her bedroom.  She would sit there to write articles for the local paper about what was happening in the community.  She would write cards to send to friends and family.  I think she must have decorated some of the cards because there was ground in glitter for many years. 

I loved to go in and roll the top up and down. It had a curve to it like a mini roller coaster.



When Grandma died back in May of '94, the roll top desk was the main thing I wanted.  Dad kept it their the house for several years and used it as well until I had a place for it in our house.  The desk moved with us from KS to NC.



Now we are paring down and becoming minimalists to live on a 40 ft. sailboat.  The desk is being stored with a good friend until we have a place for it again. 


No comments: