Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How I Spent my Vacation from Facebook

So for the past 6 days I have been off of Facebook. I was getting too attached. I was starting to be more involved with my friends lives and less involved in my own family's! Not a good thing. So I decided to take a break.

I found out that the world keeps right on turning. Surprise Surprise.

I also found out I am more creative and enjoy my kids more the less time I spend on the computer. Again, surprise surprise! (please note, I am posting this while everyone is still in bed this am!)

Here are a few of the things I managed to accomplish.

My Father-in-law had given us a bucket full of tomatoes and peppers from his greenhouse. They were just sitting in the back of our frige. I didn't really want to make salsa, so I looked up and adapted a recipe for homemade v8 juice! I got a little over 1/2 gallon. Here is one of the bottles.



Amazingly enough, Caleb and Nathan have a floor is their room! We deep cleaned, AGAIN. Hopefully it will last longer this time!


I got more material and lots of thread from my Father-in-law. I was so excited! Yes, Brian rolled his eyes and asked if I really needed it. But now I'm set for life! Nathan helped me sort the spools by color and put them away.


Our Colorado family is in town for Thanksgiving. The cousins have had a blast playing together. Laura and the kids came over yesterday to visit, make pumpkin pies and choose material for aprons. (gotta start using it up!) ;)


Anna rolled out the dough. Nathan played with the scraps.



Laura brought over some suduku worksheets for the older kids to work on.



The younger boys played downstairs with the blocks and track


Anna finished up a project she had brought to work on.


The pies turned out great!


While I still enjoy FB, I've realized there is more to life than that. I am glad I took a break, and will try to not let it take over again!

May anyone reading this have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Leat

2 comments:

momma24 said...

I just found on a friends blog that they are making their own homemade vanilla. I am going to try it after the holidays and I can't wait!!

Leat said...

Homemade vanilla would be amazing!