Friday, August 21, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-6

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he shall direct thy paths.


Such a short couple of verses. Easy to memorize. Nice to give in plaque form or on a card to graduating seniors.

I've heard them all my life. Have been a Christian for most of my life as well.

But am just now really chewing on them and digesting it.

I've been trying to lean on my own understanding. Bri's job is really stressful for him and the company is in debt so deep there is no way they can ever get out, not to mention his co-workers.

Anyway,loving my husband as much as I do, I want to make everything better for him. They are to have massive layoffs. So I pray God will let him be among those. One day it looks like he will,the next,he won't.

Bri has a dream to own/operate a campground on a river. We would have steady income from the campers and still be able to run the kayak/canoe business as well. One day, I'm ready to pack up and head to the great unknown. The next, we see how wonderful we have it right where we are.

Ok, so what's the point of all my rambling? My own understanding just puts me on an emotional roller coaster ride that gets real old real fast.

God loves Bri so much more than I do. He is PERFECT and has a PERFECT plan for my husband and family. I need to butt out and TRUST in HIM with ALL my heart. Just let him lead and relax and enjoy the journey on the path of his choosing.

Leat

No comments: