Thursday, March 3, 2011

Walking

I have decided to walk the month of March. I do it everyday anyway, just need to set a reasonable goal and do it! So far I am 2 for 2. My official goal is three miles per day. If I go over, bonus!

I broke the clip on my pedometer, so am using my sons for now. I just clip it on first thing in the morning and move until I reach my goal.

Having a goal does make me move more than I normally would, which is a good thing! I find myself pacing the floor as I read to the boys instead of sitting on the couch. I don't do it all in one big chunk. I count pittering around the house, back and forth to the clothesline etc. But I have been making a point to do a few laps around our land and in the evenings after dinner, Bri and I will walk up and down the road.

So far I have managed to get my three miles in during the day then the 1.5-2 miles in the evening are just icing on the cake.

So that's what I'm up to. Wish me luck!

Leat

No comments: