Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blessing Friends

There are friends and then there are blessing friends. My friend Dana is such a blessing friend! We'll call each other on the phone once or twice a month and get together even less, but I count her as one of my closest friends. She is someone I can talk to about nothing and about everything.

Earlier in the week I was at her house helping out because they are getting ready to move. I planned to go back again this morning while the boys were in VBS. But the key refused to turn over. After getting advice from Bri over the phone,I tried again and again. No go. So I called Dana to say I wouldn't make it after all. (Almost in tears by this time.) With out hesitation, she loads up her kids and comes over to let me borrow their vehicle to take the boys to VBS and then come back for her and the kids to go to her house as planned. We still got to spend our morning working and visiting together. After VBS we reversed everything. I picked up the boys,got them settled at home with lunch and returned her vehicle and she brought me back home. Not only that, she sent me home with a bunch of meat from their freezer!

Here I thought I would try and be a blessing to her, but she ended up blessing me a million times more.

Thank you Lord for my friend!

Leat

No comments: