Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quilting

Today I am going to take my first stitches in official hand quilting. A few years ago my oldest son colored a cool design on a piece of graph paper, and I thought ,"Hey, that would make a neat quilt". Over time, off and on, we got all of the squares cut out,and 20 rows sewn together. The entire quilt was supposed to be 41 rows of 31 squares in each row. Wanting to have it finished for his tenth birthday ,the end of January, I asked him about having two twin size quilts instead of one HUGE one. He said that would be ok. So here I am getting ready to start quilting the first half.

I have made a few smaller quilts over the past few years. But on those I would just put them together like a pillow case and then machine quilt on my sewing machine.

Since we are leaving next week for a two day drive down to FL, I thought it would be neat to pass the time hand quilting. We'll see how it turns out!

Have a great day!

Leat

No comments: